Please read our COVID-19 Safety Guidelines to find out how fruit rescues will be safely managed this season.
Fruit Harvesting/Tree Maintenance
- What is apple maggot and what can you do? (City of Edmonton resource)
- Sprout Farms – Tree Sense (certified arborist)
- Devonian Garden (University of Alberta)
- Prairie Fruit Growers Association
Fruit Picking Tools
Canning & Preserving
- Canning supplies and resources can be found at many places including: Superstore, Home Hardware, Canadian Tire, Save on Foods, as well as specialty stores like Lee Valley, Bosch Kitchen Centre, etc.
- Canning and preserving equipment (Lee Valley)
- Books: List coming soon!
- Classes: OFRE volunteers occasionally teach canning workshops in the harvest season as well as in the winter months.
Do you know of a helpful resource that you would like others to know about? Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org