Friends of OFRE are organizing this great event:
The Edmonton Permaculture Guild & The River City Permablitz Network is hosting a Harvest Fest at Ritchie Hall, 7727-98 St, on November 2, 2013, starting at 3 pm. This will be a celebration of our growing community and all of the fantastic work that is being done around food security, building resilient communities and growing awareness around Earth Care, People Care and Fair Share. Continue reading
Wondering what to do on a nice Saturday afternoon in September? Come on down to the Riverdale Community LEague celebration, AppleFest BBQ. OFRE has been invited to attend and make cider. Come join us for cider, good food, and fun! Community league memberships are on sale at the event.
OFRE will be at the Devonian Gardens today for the annual Fruit Growers Festival! We are making fresh cider all day! Everyone is welcome! Event runs 11am-4pm. Hope to see you there!
Amy Beaith will be giving a talk on preserving prairie fruits at 2pm during the event.
Looks like it will be a beautiful day to check out the garden! Last nice Sunday of the season!
On a pick Friday, those of us with roots out east talked about the apple ladders we’d known. Anyone know how to procure or make ‘em for Edmonton? They sure make the job easier….
Contact David through email@example.com if you have a lead….
After heroic work by Amy and other OFRE Board members, we’ve sorted through all the code and complexity. Our new membership system is up and running, and OFRE picks will start very soon.
Please click on the link above to become an OFRE member. As part of the membership form you can indicate if you’d like to be contacted for picks, to take part in OFRE cider and canning workshops, etc.
Membership is a cheap way to support OFRE’s work, and connects you with the opportunity to be a picker, fruit captain, to vote at our AGM, etc. If you’re hard up please don’t let this be a barrier to joining us: there’s a link on the membership form for those who’d have difficulty coming up with the cash.
We’re excited to have this new membership model for OFRE roll out. Thanks for your patience. Please join now!
The OFRE Board is excited about a new Orchard project, a new picker/grower database, a new membership system, and much more.
We’re especially eager to build our crew of volunteer fruit captains, pickers, and growers for the months ahead.
Please bear with us as we update the signup forms on this site to feed into our new database.
- If you’ve already completed one of the ’2012′ forms linked above, we have your data and will be in touch.
- If you haven’t already signed up for this season, please watch this website for the new forms and use those.
Thanks for your patience and we look forward to connecting with you soon.
I really should have posted this sooner and apologize for not getting the word out, but let;s give a big welcome to OFRE’s first ever non-profit board of directors!!
- Amy Beaith-Johnson, President
- Jordan Wilson, Vice-President
- Melisa Zapisocky, Secretary
- Mike Johnson, Treasurer
- David Kahane, Director at large
- Sarah McPike, Director at large
- Molly MacDougall, Director at large
- Jan Hazen, Director at large
- Amy Wilson, Director at large
- Bonnie Patterson Payne, Director at large
- Gillian Turney, Director at large
- Kevin Kossowan, Director at large
Congratulations to all the newly elected members! They are great group with a variety of skill and experience!
- Date of next board meeting: June 6th @ 7pm.
- Who can attend? All meetings are open to the public.
- Where is it? Address: is Kasian Architecture, Interior Design & Planning, 2nd floor boardroom. 251 – Commerce Place, 10150 Jasper Ave., Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T5J 1W4
- Past minutes: May 09, 2013