OFRE is a registered non-profit organization. We offer individual or family annual memberships based upon the calendar year: January 1st to December 31st. Our picking season starts in mid-June and runs until early October.
- Attend fruit picks and take home fresh picked, local fruit for your efforts!
- Attend workshops on canning, cider making, etc.
- Work with various community organizations to help support the local food movement.
- Learn about your local fruit biodiversity, and what types grow in the greater Edmonton area. (You will be surprised with what grows here!)
- Attend and vote at our annual AGM.
Picking Season – Mid-June to Early October
Picking season starts with rhubarb, and as the picking season progresses, we harvest raspberries, saskatoons, and other berries. We then progress into cherries, apples, plums and pears. The season extends into the first week of October, weather permitting.
Throughout the year we require volunteers for various activities including but not limited to: grant writing, assisting with cider and canning workshops, and various duties that contribute to the promotion and education of OFRE’s mission, vision, and values.
- Individual Membership: $25
- Family Membership (parents, kids): $40
**Low income (If the membership fee is more than you can afford, contact us by email and we can work towards a solution. firstname.lastname@example.org)