Friends of OFRE are organizing this great event:
The Edmonton Permaculture Guild & The River City Permablitz Network is hosting a Harvest Fest at Ritchie Hall, 7727-98 St, on November 2, 2013, starting at 3 pm. This will be a celebration of our growing community and all of the fantastic work that is being done around food security, building resilient communities and growing awareness around Earth Care, People Care and Fair Share.
Face Painting, Children’s Permaculture, Workshops on Bee Keeping, Canning, Basket Weaving, Cheese Making and so much more. Market with displays from local artists & artisans, green businesses and social organizations. The wonderful people with Green Drinks will be joining us and they have some interactive activities guaranteed to be fun and initiate dialogue
Live Entertainment: Live Band with a funky rock mix plus we are pleased to announce that the Borsch Brothers, a trio of local, exuberant and talented fiddlers will be joining us for a foot stomping good time.
- Cash Bar
- Permie T-Shirts
- Ask a Permie – Booth
- Pizza by the slice (including gluten free) salads, fruit, goodies will be available for purchase.
- Free coffee/tea/water will be available throughout the event
*Tickets are available online for $15 – children 12 & under are free
We Still Have Market Tables Available (No Charge)
• Artists and Artisans
• Calling All Green Businesses, Permaculture Consultants, Designers, Natural builders
• Non-profit organizations
• Social organizations
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a small description of your business or organization.
Size of Table desired:
WORKSHOPS: Workshops run from 3:00 p.m. until 6:00 and are about 1 hour long (A schedule will be posted at the event)
- Kombucha Making with Rob Cooper: Rob will be demonstrating how to make your own kombucha as well as providing some tasty recipes for you to take home (1 hour)
- Cheese Making with: Ian Treuer. Ian will be demonstrating how to make cheese. The attendees in this workshop will be participating in the process taking home a sample of their own. (1 hour)
- Sauerkraut Making with: Susan Supruniuk. Susan will be providing all the steps to making a delicious and nutritious batch of sauerkraut utilizing tried and true recipes. (1 hour)
- Canning 101 with: Molly McDougall is going to demonstrate how you can preserve that bounty of fruits and vegetables that you have harvested from your garden by canning. In this workshop, Mollly will show the attendees how to pickle carrots
- Surveying with: Steve Stamhuis – this is a wonderful skill set to have for the DIY. For anyone who would like to learn how to survey their own land whether that be rural or urban, Steve is your guy. It’s easy once you learn these straight forward steps. This is a hands on workshop and everyone will have an opportunity to use the survey equipment.
- Shelter Belts & Irrigation Systems with Sherwood Botsford of Sherwood’s Forest Tree Farm. With changes in how farmers are tending their fields and the removal of the Canada wide Shelter Belt program, Sherwood provides some timely insights into why these systems still play a very beneficial role in our rural landscape.
- Maryann Borch with Good Note Farms will be hosting a Basket Weaving Workshop – Maryann’s skill with weaving is really a treat to behold. Attendees taking this workshop will have their heads filled with ideas and projects to take them through the cold winter months.
- Bee Keeping with Eliese Watson of A.B.C. Apiaries and Bees for Communities; Eliese is well known in the community for her work in promoting local and backyard bees. We look forward to her workshop and participation in our festival.
- Technology for Hippies with Bob Reckhow: Gain some mastery around your technology and what your company can do to stay on top of this hi-tech world. Bob talks to how we get overwhelmed with all of the technological advancements that seem to whiz by us every day and how, with a little bit of help we can create a higher level of understanding of what these programs do for us and how we can make them work for us. Bob does not provide “help desk” services but rather serves as a technology consultant.
- Additional Workshops on Renewable Energy
We look forward to seeing you there.
*Please note: Tickets will be sold at the door for $20 based on availability