Today is world hunger day. It’s a day to think about the 2.5 million canadians who don’t have adequate sources of food. It’s a day to think about how can I as an individual make a difference in community hunger and a day to say yes I can. There are many organizations tackling the ongoing battle of hunger and food security in edmonton. One of them is OFRE. Last year OFRE donated over 1000 kg of fruit to charitable organizations in Edmonton. Every person who came to pick fruit with us, every person who offered to share their fruit, you contributed to this amazing achievement. You made a difference. Yes you did. This year, we hope to rescue and share even more fruit. Let’s hope the bees get buzzing this spring and pollinate our fruit trees so we can have a great season!
- OFRE Southside Rhubarb Bike Run
- Home is the Micro-Orchard
- What if Food Waste Could Feed the Hungry?
- The Gargantuan Potluck
- OFRE Event Calendar 2016
- Become a Member of OFRE for 2016
- OFRE AGM is coming up! Join us on April 16, 2016
- Thanks for a great 2015 season!
- Message from the President
- OFRE micro-orchard planting party! May 31st, 1-4pm