Become a member of OFRE today!
OFRE is a registered non-profit organization. We offer annual memberships based upon the calendar year: January 1st to December 31st. Picking season starts Mid June with Rhubarb, and as the picking season progresses, we harvest Raspberries, Saskatoons, and other berries. We then progress into Cherries, Apples, Plums and Pears. The season extends into the first week of October, weather permitting.
Throughout the year we require volunteers for various activities including but not limited to: grant writing, assisting with cider and canning workshops, and various duties that contribute to the promotion and education of OFRE’s mission, vision, and values.
Membership info, and categories are below.
Perks of becoming a member
- Attend fruit picks and get to take home fresh picked, local fruit for your efforts
- Attend workshops on canning, cider making, etc.
- Work with various community organizations to help support the local food movement.
- Learn about your local fruit biodiversity, and what types grow in the greater Edmonton area. (you will be surprised with what grows here!)
- Attend and vote at our annual AGM.
Purchase a Membership
Each membership is valid from January 1st to December 31st. To purchase a membership click on the appropriate link below:
Please Note: ** If you want to volunteer, CLICK on “RETURN to MERCHANT” link on the PayPal page once payment is complete. This takes you to the required volunteer form**
**Low income (If the membership fee is more than you can afford, contact us by email and we can work towards a solution. email@example.com)