Fruit harvesting/Tree maintenance(pest management, arborists, events, etc.):
- What is apple maggot and what can you do? (City of Edmonton resource)
- Sprout Farms – Tree Sense (certified arborist)
- Devonian Garden – Fruit Grower’s Festival (University of Alberta)
- Prairie Fruit Growers Association
Canning & preserving:
- Canning supplies and resources can be found at many places including: Superstore, Home Hardware, Canadian Tire, Save on Foods, as well as specialty stores like Lee Valley, Bosch Kitchen Centre, etc.
- Canning and preserving equipment (Lee Valley)
- Books: List coming soon!
- Classes: OFRE volunteers occasionally teach canning workshops in the harvest season as well as in the winter months. There are also some canning course series being offered by two OFRE volunteers (Amy Beaith & Molly MacDougall) this year through Metro Education & City Arts Edmonton.
Do you know of a helpful resource that you would like others to know about? Send us the info. in an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org